Jump to content

Fachhochschule Dortmund


Student Health Insurance

In order to enroll at Fachhochschule Dortmund - University of Applied Sciences and Arts, you must present a proof of your health insurance. Please read the following information carefully on how to submit the proof and if any of the exceptions applies to you.

Information on student health insurance

If you want to enroll at Fachhochschule Dortmund, you must usually submit a proof of your insurance status in accordance with Section 199a (2) of the German Social Code, Book V (Sozialgesetzbuch (SGB V)). Starting in summer semester 2022, this proof must be digitally submitted.

If you have a German health insurance, your proof of Health Insurance must be digitally submitted by your German health insurance company as part of the Student Registration Procedure (SMV). You will find further information below.

If you have a health insurance from another country, please make sure to contact a German health insurance company before your arrival to Germany in order to check whether your health insurance will be valid in Germany or not. You will find a variety of German health insurances to contact via e-mail or phone on this website(Opens in a new tab)  (in the section "Statutory health insurance").

Reporting your insurance status

If you have a German statutory health insurance, please ask your health insurance company to forward proof of your insurance status electronically to Fachhochschule Dortmund in accordance with Section 199a (2) of the German Social Code, Book V (Sozialgesetzbuch (SGB V)).

If you have a German private health insurance, please request that an electronic notification of exemption from compulsory insurance will be forwarded to Fachhochschule Dortmund. Please request the proof at the health insurance company that has exempted you from the compulsory insurance.

Your German health insurance company requires the following ITSG number (Absendernummer) of Fachhochschule Dortmund for electronic reporting: H0002701


First-year students in part-time studies for professionals (dual), doctoral students, cross-registered students and German language course participants are exempt from the student registration procedure and do not have to provide proof of their insurance status for enrollment.

Please contact your respective health insurance if you have any questions regarding the student health insurance.

This web page utilizes cookies to ensure its functionality and to collect statistical data. You can reject (opt-out of) the statistical data collection in our privacy settings.

Settings(Opens in a new tab)