Recognized tests for enrollment at Fachhochschule Dortmund
- Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH) with a total result of 2 or 3
- Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache (TestDaF) with a total sum of 16 from all four parts. Please note: for this recognized test you can only register on the following website: www.testdaf.de
- Exam part "Deutsch" of the successfully passed Feststellungsprüfung at a state (approved) German Studienkolleg or external at a responsible district council
- Deutsches Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz – level II (DSD II).
- telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule
- Goethe-Zertifikat C 2
We additionally recognize the following certificate only for Bachelor's and Master's programs at the Faculty of Design:
- Goethe-Zertifikat C1 (as well as the tests listed above)
Exemption from a German test for all Bachelor's and Master's programs:
- a successfully passed degree from a German speaking high school abraod (with German as the language of instruction)
An application for exemption from the language test for all Bachelor's and Master's programs can be made in the case of the following proofs:
- completed studies in German philology/language or
- at least two years of vocational training completed in Germany
Documents will be checked for authenticity on a regular basis. In case of falsification, applications will be rejected. If such falsification is aparent only after enrollment, students will be expelled in accordance with section 51 of Hochschulgesetz NRW (North Rhine-Westphalia Higher Education Act). Falsification and/or using falsified documents is a criminal offense and can be sentenced with imprisonment not exceeding five years or with a fine for forgery in accordance with section 267 of the German Criminal Code.