What is it about?
Due to the fusion of EuroMPM General Project Management (EuroMPM) and EuroMPM-IT, the Master's program will be renamed to EuroMPM from the beginning of the winter semester 2025/2026.
The degree program is a consecutive application-oriented degree program.
Accordingly, admission requires a first graduate degree imparting professional skills (bachelor’s degree or (German) Diplom). The criteria for an application-oriented degree program are met both with regard to content and by the lecturers’ quality as these have experience in the job-specific application of academic findings in addition to their academic qualification.
Content and Structure
European Master in Project Management deals with problems like...
- How to manage different projects successfully?
- What are efficient and effective approaches, methods and tools of Project Management for different project types?
- What is the role of a succesful Project Manager?
The relevant profile elements are
- focus on the application area project management
- investigation and development of project management as an academic field
- communication of the interdisciplinary and cross-domain character of project management through the selection of modules and specialisations and by integrating several disciplines in Dortmund and at partner institutions.
- the international focus with the integration in a network of renowned European universities
- the high share of practical and project-related work in the curriculum, both by the elements of the course modules throughout the semester and by the independent work dominating the third and fourth semesters; this profile element is reinforced by the cooperation of lecturers from the industry with long-term associations with the University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- consolidation of the academic element by integration in F&E activities of the universities via the project thesis and the specialization
- the 4-semester master‘s program EuroMPM-IT-4semesters also offered by the University of Applied Sciences and Arts is complemented by the IT and technology oriented profile element
The program qualifies for being a leading expert in business administration projects
The study course European Master in Project Management – EuroMPM – will lead to a university degree which is highly qualified academically and professionally. It prepares for projects in higher management in industry, organizations and public administrations. The students will learn skills and methods to achieve these objectives. The modules will be taught and applied on the basis of scientific development in order to enable the students to adjust to the requirements and changes of business life. The students will thus be able to analyze procedures and problems in application, to work on professional solutions and to observe non-professional requirements. It is our aim to teach students to gain professional and methodical knowledge as well as personal and social competence.
Students will be enabled to act with responsibility and reliability. The international dimension will be promoted by an optional semester or a short-term stays for block weeks abroad at one of the international partner universities.
Study contents consider the specifications of the International Associations for Project Management (PMI®, IPMA®, GPM).
The language of instruction is English.
The minimum period of study is four semesters, which includes all assessment tests and examinations. The study course was developed by representatives of several European universities and is being offered simultaneously at the follow-ing universities:
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology – NTNU – in Trondheim, Norway
- University of the Basque Country in Bilbao, Spain
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Dortmund, Germany
- National University of Construction and Architecture in Kiev, Ukraine
- Ternopil National Economic University in Ternopil, Ukraine
- Kaunas Technological University in Kaunas, Lithuania
Master of Arts prepares you for tasks in Project Management
Master of Arts (M.A.) awarded by the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Dortmund.
European Master in Project Management is unique due...
to the international orientation, the focus on project management in all modules and its strong link to IT practice.
The curriculum offers specialization in
- Managing IT-Projects
- Managing Global Business Projects
- Quality Management and Sustainability
- Implementing Project Management in a Company
Study Course Plan
This is a thematic overview of the course contents. Detailed information on the exact names of the courses, information on Electives, ECTS or semester hours per week can be found in the module handbook.
|Project Management – Fundamentals
|Project Planning and Controlling
|Self Management and Social Competence
|Quality Management and Standards
|International Communication and Change Management
|Leadership & Teams
|Multi-Project Management and Organisation
|Master Thesis + Colloquium
Who is it for?
Qualifications & Interests
Perspectives after Graduation
Graduates of this Master's program find their job opportunities in:
- Project Management
- a Project Management Office
- in (Project Management) Consulting (mainly IT)
- in all kind of industries with a strong focus on the IT industry
The Master's degree is the basis for a doctorate. Graduates who wish to acquire further academic qualifications have the opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree at a university through a cooperative doctorate in which Fachhochschule Dortmund – University of Applied Sciences and Arts cooperates with a university.
What do I need?
1. Required degree
Diplom or a Bachelor's degree in the field of Business Science and/or Project Management and/or Computer Science or a course program closely related to the Master's study program European Master in Project Management at a university of applied sciences (Fachhochschule) or a university, or the completion of a corresponding accredited Bachelor's qualification program at a university of cooperative education (Berufsakademie) with an overall grade of at least “good” (2.3).
The qualifying study program must have included instruction in the relevant competences in the areas of quantitative business administration, qualitative business administration, project management and computer science equalling the required amount at the required level.
In addition, the programs must amount to a minimum of 180 credit points in accordance with the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS). Degrees obtained outside the ECTS-System must be converted into the ECTS-System.
2. Proof of English language proficiency
Proof of sufficient English skills provided by a TOEFL-ITP test with at least 550 points or a TOEFL-iBT test amounting to a minimum of 90 points passed within the two years before the application was submitted. The evidence may also be provided by other test methods equivalent to the TOEFL test in accordance with the European Framework of Reference (e.g. IELTS with at least 6.5 points). The Expert Committee decides whether equivalence is demonstrated. Programs completed at foreign universities as defined under 1 must also include a final thesis comparable to theses from srudy programs at German universities with regard to the minimum quality requirements.
3. Pre-Check Service
In order to verify whether you meet the requirements for admission to the programme before submitting your application, all applicants (EU, German, non-EU) are highly recommended to submit their documents for a pre-check.
After successfully passing the pre-check, you will receive instructions and a link to the online portal.