Sie befinden sich hier:

Bachelor application procedure for non-EU applicants

You need to apply via uni-assist if
  • your school leaving certificate or higher education entrance qualification has not been acquired at a German school or
  • not at a school with German Abitur accreditation. Examples of school leaving certificates are Abitur, Matura, A-Level, High School Diploma, Baccalauréat and others.
  • The certificate of the Feststellungsprüfung (assessment test, university entrance examination) does not count as a German higher education entrance qulification! It is only valid in connection with the school leaving certificate/qualification for university study from your home country. 

Please inform yourself regarding the conditions for studying at Fachhochschule Dortmund well in advance (test of aptitude, pre-university work placement etc.).

You do not need to apply via uni-assist
  • if you want to apply for a Master's degree course: please check this link
  • if you want to apply for a higher semester in a bachelor- or master programme: please apply directly online:; 15.02. - 15.03. for summer semester / 15.08. - 15.09. for winter semester,
  • if you gained your higher education entrance qualification at a German school or a school with German Abitur accreditation,
  • if you are from a Member State of the European Union or from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway*,
  • if you are from a Member State outside the European Union but your school leaving certificate is from a state within the European Union or from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway*,
  • if you live in Germany and you are not from a Member State of the European Union or from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway but one of your parents or your spouse is a member from these states and lives and works in Germany*,
  • if you are already a student of FH Dortmund and you want to change your bachelor programme
  • if you already applied for a study programme at Fachhochschule Dortmund via uni-assist in the previous 4 years and uni-assist forwarded your application to FH Dortmund
  • if your school leaving certificate does not entitle you to study directly at a German university. In this case, if you want to study in North Rhine-Westphalia, please apply to the Ökumenische Studienkolleg Bochum (, preparatory course for engineering and science) or to the luso-brasilian Studienkolleg Mettingen (, preparatory courses for humanities, medicine and biological sciences, engineering and sciences, economics and business studies)

* Please note: application online at FH Dortmund. 

When do you need to apply online?
For summer semester from November by January 15 and for the winter semester from the middle of April by JUNE 15.

Your online application and also other documents (see "Which application documents are necessary?") have to be at uni-assist on the before named deadlines. All dates are deadline dates no postmarked dates. We strongly advice you to dispatch your documentation in April for winter semester and November for summer semester to allow time for queries.

If you want to learn German before starting your studies you have to apply for that semester when the required bachelor programme is offered - e. g. for technical bachelor programmes only in winter semester.

How do you apply?
  • You apply for restricted and non-restricted study programmes online at:

    For restricted bachelor it is important:

    The acceptance of study places is to be made in cooperation with "Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung" ( For the application process you need a BID (Bewerber-Identifikationsnummer) and a BAN (Bewerber-Authentifizierungsnummer). BID and BAN will be assigned from Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung. You will start with your application at uni-assist and use the link on their website to or you register at first at "hochschulstart" and apply afterwards at uni-assist.

    The following is important for non-restricted as well as restricted bachelor:

    Please note that Fachhochschule Dortmund does not offer main and minor subjects. You need to apply for programmes (Studiengänge) only. If you apply for restricted (Numerus clausus) or non-restricted bachelor programmes there is no prioritisation; for non-restricted bachelor you always get an admission letter - for restricted bachelor you only get an admission letter, when it is possible by virtue of your grade(s) in your certificate(s) for university entrance qualification in Germany.
  • After you have finished your online application please send your officially certified documents by post (only once, even if you apply for several uni-assist universities) to:

    Fachhochschule Dortmund
    c/o uni-assist e. V.

    D-11507 Berlin

Which application documents are necessary?
  • Printed and signed online uni-assist application form
  • Certificate(s) awarded in your home country that entitle(s) you to study; in some countries it may also include an university entrance examination or proof of successfully passed years of studies. Certificates need to be submitted as officially certified copies in the original language as well as in an officially certified German translation if the originals are not in German or English. French documents have also to be translated in German or English. Translations will be accepted from a sworn translator and officially certified from the German embassy. Translations with an official seal do not have to be officially certified, but for translations with a copied seal it is essential.
  • Proof of German language competence (TestDaF 16 points, DSH II or III, telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule (see separate information) or the last acquired German language certificate
  • Simple copy of your passport (with family name and first name, date of birth etc.)
  • Curriculum vitae
  • If you are from P.R. of China or Vietnam, you have also to submit one original of the APS certificate (Akademische Prüfstelle) of your home country.

Missing documents have to be submitted within one week. When you apply 2 - 3 weeks before the deadline end it is possible that you will be informed by uni-assist about missing documents then the additional time of one week for missing documents has passed. Please note that all copies need to be officially certified.
Acceptable legalization is from the authorities or notaries and abroad from ministries and German embassies or consulates. Please do not submit originals! Be aware that uni-assist cannot process incomplete documentations (with the exception of language and practical training certificates - these confirmations are necessary at the time of enrolment - approximately February/March or August/September).

How much is the application fee?

The amount depends on the number of requested bachelor programmes:

75 € for the first bachelor and 30 Euro for each additional bachelor.

It does not matter how many universities you apply to, only he number of achelor counts. Please pay attention: Bachelor with or without industrial placement count as two bachelor.


You apply for the bachelor computer science, business computer science and business computer science with industrial placement - no matter whether at one, two or three universities; in this case you have to pay a total amount of 135 Euro.

How can you pay the application fee?
  • You use transfer voucher of your bank or online banking. Please note that you cannot forward your application to uni-assist without paying the fee. Only when uni-assist has received your money will this be displayed in your "My assist Account" as a balance and you can submit your application. To do this, click on the selection list (box icon) in your "My assist Account" and then on "Checkout".

    The bank details are as follows:

    account holder: uni-assist e. V.
    IBAN: (International bank identification code) DE62 1002 0890 0019 0552 72

    For transfers from non-EU-states to Germany you will sometimes be asked for the address of the German bank:

    Hypovereinsbank - Filiale Berlin-Charlottenburg, Leibnizstr. 100, D-10625 Berlin

    Please indicate: country of origin, date of birth (, family name, first name, the semester for which you wish to register and the uni-assist application number (if available).
    Example: Mongolia, 12.11.1998, Baatur Iwan, SoSe 2020

Transfers in the SEPA area are basically free of charge. For other transfers, bank charges are payable by you.

  • By credit card 3D Secure (Visa or Mastercard); paying with 3D Secure provides more security for credit card transactions. You must already be logged in to the 3D Secure process. Sometimes, payments with credit cards from certrain countries may not be accepted by the bank for security reasons. Also transfers may be rejected. If you have questions about 3D Secure and/ or international transactions, please contact your bank.

    Please note:
    The application fee has to be completely paid to uni-assist. Any transaction fees have to be paid additionally by yourself. We recommend to use OUR-procedure (sender pays costs) - so you can be sure that you bear the costs and your application wil be processed.

Additional information and contact

Fachhochschule Dortmund

International Office

Sonnenstrasse 96

D-44139 Dortmund

Tel. 0049-231-9112-9266



A chance to participate in a lottery for a place in a Bachelor degree course

If you have received a letter of rejection because of admission restrictions, or you did not meet the deadline, you may participate in a lottery (Losverfahren) which distributes free first-semester study places: