Requirements concerning specific previous knowledge
Specific basic knowledge/study fields:
- Programming in C# or Java, platforms (e.g. J2EE)
- Modelling with UML, MDD
- Software Engineering Methods and Software Architectures
- Microcontrollers and Embedded Systems
- IP-based communication, protocol stacks
- IT systems, e.g. ERP, CSCW
Each at least on Bachelor's level.
Extra-curricular knowledge required/desired for the program:
- Practical skills: development, programming and application of digital systems
- Language skills: very good English language proficiency (or German)
- International experience: willingness to stay a semester abroad
Extra-curricular knowledge required
Applicants for this study program should provide...
a background in computer science, information technology and English language proficiency.
solve technical problems, work in an international environment, communicate interdisciplinary.
…be able to:
handle advanced topics in software engineering and architectures as well as living abroad in Germany.
Extra-curricular personal skills (soft skills) expected
- Willingness and the ability, to work in an inter-cultural/international/inter-disciplinary environment
- Ability to express scientific content adequately
- Ability for scientific discussion, free speech and discussion in a larger auditory
- Ability to communicate in an inter-cultural and multi-language environment
- Openness to different cultures
- Willingness to work hard
- Responsible behaviour
- Time management
- Holistic thinking
- Conceptual thinking
- Technical skills
- Analytical skills
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to organize and coordinate
- Presentation skills
- Scientific writing and presenting