Scholarships and Finance, DAAD Award, Bank and Blocked Account, Job and Internship Search and More!

If you have received good results in your studies so far, you are socially engaged or are shortly before finishing your studies you can apply for a scholarship or a one-time grant. There are also different scholarships which you can find in the rich database of DAAD, mystipendium or Stipensiumlotse etc. Many students are searching for job or internship opportunities during the studies or afterwards. Here you will find many information on these issues which will help you to find a suitable funding or job!


International Bachelor students from developing countries of DAC-list can apply for a scholarship if they have achieved very good results during their studies.Read more about the conditions here.


Final Degree Scholarship for international students

International students who are dependent on financial support during their final phase of studies can apply for the final degree scholarship in order to facilitate the graduation.


Scholarships Databases - Finding Scholarships and Funds

There are different scholarships you might qualify for if you e.g. have received very good achievements so far. Here you will receive more information on different scholarships databases.



The DAAD-Prize is a money-prize to honor international students with outstanding achievements and intercultural or social engagement at the FH Dortmund.



Already enrolled students of the FH dortmund have the possibility to apply for "Deutschland- stipendium". More information on that issue can be found on the website to this funding (German only).


Bank Account, Blocked Account and More

It can be helpful to open a bank account at a German bank institute to save fees transferring money from your home country. You will also need a proof of finance (e.g. a blocked account) to apply for your visa or residence permit later on. Here you  will find more information on that issue!


Interest-free Loans of the Hildegardis Verein for Female Students

The Hildegardis-Verein (Hilde- gardis Association.) e.V. awards interest-free loans to: female students with children, foreign female students, female students shortly before graduation. The deadline for applications is 30.06. and 31.12. Further information can be found directly on the website of the Hildegardis Association. the website is German only.



Students who are in financial difficulties during their studies, are entitled to apply for an interest-free loan "DAKA Darlehen" from Studierendenwerk Dortmund. Please contact Studierendenwerk directly (the website is German only).


Financial Emergency Aids for International Students

There are important contact points which support international students in case of sudden financial difficulties.


Searching for a job or an internship?

If you are looking for a job or an internship we have prepared some valuable information on how to find a suitable offer and much more!


Living Costs, Health Insurance, Social Contribution and Mobility in Dortmund

During your studies there are many expenditures you should keep in mind. To make sure that you have a good time and are able to study and live comfortably, you should be aware of these costs. You can use our information as a means of orientation for your stay in Germany. In case you also want to know more about health insurance or your semester ticket please check our information here.


Refund of the Semester Ticket Payment

Under certain circumstances it is possible to get a refund of fees paid for the semester Contribution or partial payment for the ticket. The possibilities and the application forms can be found on the pages of the AStA (German only) as well as of the Office for Student Affairs (Studienbüro).

Public Broadcasting License Fees

The public broadcasting license fees from ARD, ZDF and Deutschlandradio is compulsory and need to be paid by everyone living in Germany. Read more about the fees on our website.