Step 1: Registering at the Graduate Center
(Optional) Step 2: How to enroll for a cooperative doctorate
You can enroll for a cooperative doctorate at Fachhochschule Dortmund, if one of your supervisors is a professor of Fachhochschule Dortmund and if you found a supervisor at university.
There are two options:
1) Enrolled as full-time student at a university in Germany ⇒ cross-registered student at Fachhochschule Dortmund
- no semester fees at Fachhochschule Dortmund
- Documents to be verified: Proof of the cooperative doctorate & proof of enrollment at the university
2) Not enrolled as full-time student at a university in Germany ⇒ full-time student at Fachhochschule Dortmund
- Standard semester fees at Fachhochschule Dortmund
- Documents to be verified: Proof of the cooperative doctorate & self-declaration that you are not enrolled at a university
After a successful enrollment, you will receive your personal identification “FH-Kennung”, which you can use to book further qualification courses and use the infrastructure offered at Fachhochschule Dortmund (library, Career Service etc.) necessary for your doctoral project.