Step 1: Registering at the Graduate Center
The registration takes about 10 minutes and you will be asked to submit personal data and details related to your doctoral studies. Once you have registered, you will receive up-to-date information on the activities of the Graduate Center. Registration at the Graduate Center is possible as soon as you have a confirmation of supervision at the Fachhochschule Dortmund .
(Optional) Step 2: How to enroll for a cooperative doctorate
You can enroll for a cooperative doctorate at Fachhochschule Dortmund, if one of your supervisors is a professor of Fachhochschule Dortmund and if you found a supervisor at university.
There are two options:
1) Enrolled as full-time student at a university in Germany ⇒ cross-registered student at Fachhochschule Dortmund
- no semester fees at Fachhochschule Dortmund
- Documents to be verified: Proof of the cooperative doctorate & proof of enrollment at the university
2) Not enrolled as full-time student at a university in Germany ⇒ full-time student at Fachhochschule Dortmund
- Standard semester fees at Fachhochschule Dortmund
- Documents to be verified: Proof of the cooperative doctorate & self-declaration that you are not enrolled at a university
After a successful enrollment, you will receive your personal identification “FH-Kennung”, which you can use to book further qualification courses and use the infrastructure offered at Fachhochschule Dortmund (library, Career Service etc.) necessary for your doctoral project.