About the project
The aim of the project is to set up the Dortmund Competence Centre China (DoKoChi), mainly for the stakeholders in the Ruhr area, but also for those interested at NRW and fe-deral level, as a pool of the existing competences and to build up new competences with one clear thematic focus : University cooperation with China.
The FH Dortmund structures the topic, like the different levels of the University of Applied Sciences and Arts model, into three relevant project fields:
1. Cooperation in practice-oriented bachelors education through the development of corres-ponding study programs (and universities) in China (Transnational Education TNB), recruiting of students in China, exchange of teachers and students and double degrees in close cooperation with companies. There are concrete projects with Beijing Technician College in Beijing, Shunde Polytechnic in Guangdong, Yangjiang Polytechnic in Guangdong, Jinan Vocational College in Shandong, Wuhan Shipbuilding College in Hubei, Liuzhou Vocational College in Guangxi and Nanjing Industry College in Jiangsu.
2. Integration of Chinese universities with an application-oriented profile into the Masters cooperations of the FH Dortmund in line with the concept of the Master School. These are strategic university partnerships with exchange programs, joint study programs (e.g. summer schools, conferences) and double degrees.
3. Joint application-oriented research and development (R & D, such as 2 + 2) with a clear focus on transfer to business. The aim is strategic cooperation of the R & D networks and organisations in the Ruhr area and in China.
The FH Dortmund addresses these topics with a three-step China strategy:
Stage 1: Building strategic partnerships and strengthening our own competences in cooperation with China and in capacity building.
Stage 2: Establish a structured exchange of students, teachers and staff in close collaboration with business partners.
Stage 3: Setting up your own China-related course offerings, for example in the form of special courses, specialisations or cooperative study formats.
The focus of the DoKoChi funding phase is Stage 1. Specific measures include:
1. Establishment of a post for the coordination of activities with one person experienced in capacity building in China and one native Chinese-speaking person (with Chinese university experience).
2. Development of a training and education program at the FH Dortmund as part of the personnel development. The aim is to teach intercultural, linguistic and administrative Chinese competence.
3. Establishment of an exchange program for employees, teachers and perspective students with the Chinese partners.
4. Development of a series of workshops in Germany (with the German partners) for the development of strategies and measures (including external consulting services).
5. Recruitment of China-related lecturers for exchange-preparatory courses. The goal is a China related lecturer pool.
6. Conducting a series of cooperation workshops in China.
Funding program / research program
Ausbau der China-Kompetenzen an deutschen Hochschulen
Cooperation / project partners
- AHK Shanghai