Objectives of the staff exchange
- Active contribution to the internationalization process of research and administration of Fachhochschule Dortmund.
- Professional exchange on administrative processes in one's own field of work.
- By "shadowing" or "looking over the shoulder" of the colleagues working in similar structures at the university abroad, staff members can gain insights into established work processes and, if possible, find new ideas for their own work at Fachhochschule Dortmund.
- Personal development (e.g., intercultural competence and foreign language skills).
Mobility for further education and training purposes (at a partner university or with relevant companies/institutions abroad)
During job shadowing, the visiting staff member from Dortmund is supposed to attend and get to know the respective responsibilities or take on work on a trial basis.
In job shadowing, the visiting staff member observes another person at work in order to get to know the particular responsibilities.
These are individual measures that are arranged on a case-by-case basis with the colleagues at partner universities in other European countries.
Guest lecturers should strengthen the international dimension of the host university, contribute to the curriculum and impart their expertise to students that do not want to or cannot study abroad.
The stays abroad last between two days and a maximum of seven days. Under certain conditions, longer stays are possible in individual cases.
Possible destinations for a stay abroad
- The 29 member states of the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey and FYR Macedonia
- Partner countries (currently Kosovo, Kazakhstan, Palestine, Ukraine)