Address Campus Max-Ophüls-Platz (MOP)
Porter’s loge (Pforte): +49 (0231) 9112-9413
General accessibility information on Campus Max-Ophüls-Platz (MOP)
The buildings on Campus Max-Ophüls-Platz are historic, heritage-protected buildings that are not accessible due to their structural substance. For this reason, please note the following:
Accessibility information for blind and vision impaired persons on Campus Max-Ophüls-Platz (MOP)
- There is no tactile guidance and orientation system on the way to Campus MOP nor on the campus itself.
- In the building Max-Ophüls-Platz 2, the rooms are labeled in Braille.
- The traffic lights on the way from the subway stop "Kreuzstraße" to Campus MOP are signal traffic lights that vibrate during the green phase.
Traveling by train via Dortmund Hauptbahnhof
Dortmund’s central station is still being renovated until 2024. Currently (2022), not all platforms are accessible. Information on accessibility can be found on the station website of the national railway company Deutsche Bahn.
Traveling by subway U-Bahn
From the direction "Dortmund Hauptbahnhof" take the U45 to the stop "Stadtgarten" and there:
- either change to the U42 in the direction of "Grevel" and get off at the stop "Kreuzstraße"
- or take the U45 or U46 to the stop "Westfalenhallen”.
Walking from the subway stop "Westfalenhallen"
Walking from "Kreuzstraße" subway stop
Traveling by car
- Campus Max-Ophüls-Platz is located directly next to the through road Bundesstraße 1 (B1). The B1 can be reached via the highways A1, A44 and A45.
- From the direction of Kamener Kreuz, highway junction AK Do/Unna, Westhofener Kreuz: Exit "ZVS/WDR" (Lindemannstraße), after about 100 meters turn right onto Max-Ophüls-Platz 2.
- When coming from the highway junction AK Do/Witten: Exit "ZVS/WDR", turn right at the exit into Wittekindstraße. Then turn right at the traffic lights into Lindemannstraße, after 150 meters turn left onto Max-Ophüls-Platz 2.
- When coming from the highway junction AK Do-West and AK Do Nordwest: Exit "ZVS/WDR", turn right at the exit into Wittekindstraße. After about 350 meters, turn right into Lindemannstraße. Then after 150 meters turn left onto Max-Ophüls-Platz 2.
- Accessible parking spaces are located in the courtyard of the Max-Ophüls-Platz 2 building.
- The main entrances to the Max-Ophüls-Platz 1 and 2 buildings can be accessed only via stairs.
- The stepless entrances to the Max-Ophüls-Platz 2 building are located in the inner courtyard.