This book provides a fundamental and practical introduction to radio frequency and microwave engineering and physical aspects of wireless communication
In this book, the author addresses a wide range of radio-frequency and microwave topics with emphasis on physical aspects including EM and voltage waves, transmission lines, passive circuits, antennas, radio wave propagation. Up-to-date RF design tools like RF circuit simulation, EM simulation and computerized smith charts, are used in various examples to demonstrate how these methods can be applied effectively in RF engineering practice.
Design rules and working examples illustrate the theoretical parts. The examples are close to real world problems, so the reader can directly transfer the methods within the context of their own work. At the end of each chapter a list of problems is given in order to deepen the reader’s understanding of the chapter material and practice the new competences. Solutions are available on the author’s website.
• Presents a wide range of RF topics with emphasis on physical aspects e.g. EM and voltage waves, transmission lines, passive circuits, antennas
• Uses various examples of modern RF tools that show how the methods can be applied productively in RF engineering practice
• Incorporates various design examples using circuit and electromagnetic (EM) simulation software
• Discusses the propagation of waves: their representation, their effects, and their utilization in passive circuits and antenna structures
• Provides a list of problems at the end of each chapter
• Includes an accompanying website containing solutions to the problems (http:\\www.fh-dortmund.de\gustrau_rf_textbook)
This will be an invaluable textbook for bachelor and masters students on electrical engineering courses (microwave engineering, basic circuit theory and electromagnetic fields, wireless communications). Early-stage RF practitioners, engineers (e.g. application engineer) working in this area will also find this book of interest.
Downloads and additional information
- Solutions Chapter 2PDF-File1,10 MB
- Solutions Chapter 3PDF-File328,69 kB
- Solutions Chapter 4PDF-File1,82 MB
- Solutions Chapter 5PDF-File586,79 kB
- Solutions Chapter 6PDF-File5,92 MB
- Solutions Chapter 7PDF-File934,85 kB
- Solutions Chapter 8PDF-File217,90 kB
- Solutions to end-of-chapter problems [in German]
- Wiley Website(Opens in a new tab)